Summer Camp 2023 is here!
We have 14 spots for each week (and 6 waiting list spots per week). Please use the Sign-up genius link below to reserve your spot.
Week 1: June 5-9 9am-2pm
Week 2: June 12-16 9am-2pm
Week 3: June 19-23 9am-2pm
Week 4: June 25-30 9am-2pm
Welcome to Summer Camp! We are excited to offer horse camps in June of 2023. Campers learn how to feed, groom, and clean up after the horses and ponies of Canterbury Manor Stables. Campers also gain an understanding of equine health, conformation, history, training, equipment, and much more! Each day, campers have time to practice and improve riding skills. We wrap the week up with a special show on Friday afternoon where riders demonstrate how much they have progressed.
Summer Camp operates Monday through Friday, 9 am to 2 pm.
Cost: $350 per week, plus $20 per week if a helmet rental is required.
Campers should be 7 years old if they do not have previous riding experience. Campers who are 6 years old may sign up if they have previous riding experience.
Campers must bring:
- ASTM/SEI certified riding helmet (bicycle helmets are not acceptable). Helmets are available for rent.
- Riding clothes (long pants, no shorts)
- Hard-soled, closed-toe shoes with a heel
- Sack lunch
Other useful items (not required) include:
- Paddock boots, breeches, and riding shirts
- Halters, lead ropes, combs, brushes, hoof pick, hoof dressing
- Shampoo, fly spray, show sheen, horse treats
- Leather cleaner, rags, sponges,
- Horse books
Many of these items can be purchased in the Canterbury Manor Stables Tack Shoppe!