We are excited to announce that we are at a stage that Canterbury can start to re-open for business! This is based on:
- Governor Holcomb announcing that Indiana can move to Stage 3 beginning on May 22. This allows gatherings of up to 100 people and non-contact recreational sports are allowed to practice.
- USEF stating that they intend to lift the suspension on USEF-licensed events starting on June 1 (see here, bullet #17), as long as the Toolkit for Competition Organizers is followed (which can be found here).
- IHJA stating that they will follow USEF’s lead on when to open competition and recognize points.
What does this all mean to Canterbury?
- Starting on Tuesday, May 26, lessons will resume with a modified schedule. Please contact Sandy @ 317-538-5373 to reserve your spot in lessons.
- Summer Camp will start as expected on June 1.
- Our first Canterbury Manor Stables Schooling Show will be held on June 6.
Of course, we can’t re-open without asking for a little help from you. Please note that the following recommendations and rules will be put in place for your protection. These are recommendations set forth by
- Anyone who is sick or experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath, is not allowed on the grounds.
- Anyone who has been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last two weeks is not allowed on the grounds (*Exception: Healthcare workers who care for COVID-19 patients while wearing medical-grade PPE).
- All participants, spectators, and visitors should maintain at least 6 feet of social distance from others. In situations where social distancing is not possible, masks are recommended.
- Signage will be posted to remind all participants, spectators, and visitors about good hygiene practices and preventing the spread of disease, such as wearing a mask, avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and washing or sanitizing your hands frequently.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times. We are looking forward to having our riders back in the saddle again soon!